- ClanBase uses a system similar to UBB to include links, images and smileys. Click here for info.
- Follow the rules in our moderation policy.
- If you want people to know that it's you who wrote the message, please log in first
- Search is case insensitive: 'Quake' is matched by 'quake'
- The search is performed using substrings: using 'mod' you will find 'modification'
- If you enter a search string AND a player name or country both the criteria are used, limiting the results.
- radix - radix - Sun 19 Feb 15:20
|I have noticed many people on this site ask for deletion of their accounts and/or GUIDs for a variety of reasons. CB:s policy is to remove neither of these on demand. However, if you break the rules to a sufficient degree, your account can get deleted anyway. Thus it is possible for your account to be deleted, just not for reasons other than cheating or abuse.|
What's the thought behind that? If someone decides to remove their account or information on any other site, it is possible. So why not on CB?
|Over the years the reasons to delete accounts have been limited to the minimum (can't think of any right now). It does not compute indeed we do not remove on request so basicly "force" users to break a rule so we delete the account.|
ClanBase is not classed as a social media site so we're pretty free in what we do with our accounts. Since we have quite a beef with returning cheaters we tend to keep any information related to that for as long as needed.
We do have an internal policy regarding the retention and visibility of private data as is required by EU privacy laws.
There are also on going discussions on how to treat users profiles in the future, f.e. which parts should be public, should that be editable by users, etc.
I think there will always be a conflict between privacy, user convenience and keeping our leagues apealing to play in. It's just up to the users to guide us in that too.
<< Back to Topic List