Map UpdatesAs promised we now have a fixed version of BT-Frozt, which shall be named BT-FroztCB. Thanks a lot to drunklove for fixing the map for this cup. Unfortunately we found that BT-A1LostFactoryCB required a fix as well and due to the efforts of SaFeSTeR we are now in the posession of BT-A1LostFactoryCB2 which will be the version used in this cup. Inside this news item you can find which things were fixed on both maps. The maps can be downloaded via the links below:
ServersOf course we cannot have a cup without servers, fortunately some admins were willing to cooperate with us and so at this point we have 5 servers that can be used for the cup. They are shown in the table below and in the cup info menu block as well. If you want to play or practise on one of these servers then contact one of the admins for the password. Please note that the reporter bot channels are not completely up to date yet.
VRN Cup Server
Scheduling MatchesWe would also like to remind you that all matches of week 1 have to be scheduled before Monday because then the first week will commence. Please schedule your matches right away if you have not done so yet! For more information please read the news item on Rules & Cup Layout.
- The direction of the spawns points and teleporters has been fixed.
- Some of the movers in the room with all the blocks have been changed into blocks which you can fall through to avoid them becoming invisible due to too much movers in one room.
- In the same room the bug that made your screen turn black and forced you to reconnect (unless using OpenGL) was fixed.
- Random bouncing green spheres in 4 button room were removed(inconsistent collision).
- Gravity was adjusted in first fan room which should be 100% doable.
- Teleporter was added to the fans in first fan room.
- Removed damaging stuff from frozen water near end.
- Added extra Opentime to the doors leading to room that's on fire to prevent from being squished.
- BlockAll actor was added to center of the final liftjump preventing player from liftjumping from there(laggy/sticky).
- Added an extra guiding wall(invisible) to prevent from players getting stuck.
- Moved the final teleporter farther down to prevent from catching the terrain on the way up.
- Moved the hidden grab flag higher up to prevent players from grabbing it twice.
- Removed other stuff not needed for competition.
- Avoid touching the walls in the fan rooms or you might get sticky-walled, especially when touching the first trigger hole.
- Hold forward key when you liftjump in the last room. You'll get an extra boost.
- Avoid touching the walls while doing the final liftjump. You might get the cylinder-sticky-wall bug.
- After adding the BlockAll to the last liftjump the blast's projectiles get destroyed.
- If you get sticky-walled you'll have to suicide. There's nothing to kill off the player.
- Even though stuff's been added to the final liftjump it's still possible to get stuck. Always stay in the center on the way up. I know it's a little hard with the CameraSpot but the cylinder is like a radius of 560......it's way more than enough room for a player to fit through.
GL & HF!
|#14 MaZ (MaZ) 15 Jul 2012 10:16|
|#13 SAFeSTeR (SAFeSTeR) 14 Jul 2012 11:51|
|#12 OwYeaW (OwYeaW) 13 Jul 2012 17:19|
|#11 Chupacabra (Chupa) 13 Jul 2012 14:57|
|#10 OwYeaW (OwYeaW) 13 Jul 2012 14:41|
|#9 OwYeaW (OwYeaW) 13 Jul 2012 14:39|
|#8 supremE* (supremE*) 13 Jul 2012 14:07|
|#7 Pawel (Pawel) 13 Jul 2012 13:50|
|#6 OwYeaW (OwYeaW) 13 Jul 2012 13:34|
|#5 SAFeSTeR (SAFeSTeR) 11 Jul 2012 17:42|
|#4 Pawel (Pawel) 11 Jul 2012 08:36|
|#3 MaZ (MaZ) 10 Jul 2012 23:31|
|#2 TemplaR^ (TemplaR^) 10 Jul 2012 20:39|
|#1 SAFeSTeR (SAFeSTeR) 10 Jul 2012 19:16|