3 wars each week, the wars are best of 3 maps and the first clan to reach 2 map wins is the winner! In Playoffs there are best of 5 maps. || No wildcards! || Maps are selected from the custom maplist and can only be selected once during the group stage || Wars are played 4on4, but may be played 3on3 if both clans agree || ZeroPing should be turned ON || More rules might follow!
Standard Unreal Tournament Instagib Domination Quick Cup rules
- Please take the time to read through our global rules before you start playing in this ladder. These rules not only apply to UT Instagib Domination but all ladders within ClanBase. Knowing the global ladder rules will avoid conflicts and will increase your chances of winning conflicts.
Pay particular attention to our rules on freelancing, linking your accounts and the 24-hour rule, reporting a no-show and the match conflict rules.
The General rules section covers the default punishment for breaking the rules, our right to broadcast matches, the complaints system and what counts as official match rules. The rating system is explained in detail, and provides information about the number one spot.
- A list of defined ladder terms can be found .
2. Match rules
- Both teams pick their color on the map chosen by their opponent.
- Spectators are not allowed unless both clans agree otherwise.
- Excessive use of voice taunts is not allowed.
- Taunt/Fire and Taunt/Movement binds are not allowed.
- The maplist for UT Instagib Domination is:
- In addition to the maps in the maplist, you may select "custom map" on the challenge form and 2 text boxes will show up where you can enter the names of the maps you want to play. This way you'll be able to challenge your opponent on any map, but your opponent may decline the challenge freely.
4. Server settings
- Checking the server settings is both clans' responsibility. If a certain setting is wrong the clan responsible for the server should be notified before the match starts. Matches will not be replayed or restarted because of a wrong setting that could have been reported before or at the beginning of the match.
- It is not allowed to change any server settings after the match has started without both clans agreeing to it. Failure in following this rule will result in a default (forfeit) loss of the match.
- Servers must have UTPure installed. Servers running more current versions will be favoured over servers running outdated versions.
- Servers must have UTDC installed which is configued as specified in the rule below. This anticheat should be set so it allows all operating systems to connect and play. Servers running current preferred versions will be favoured over servers running outdated versions. The current preferred version is 1.8.
- Servers must have AnthChecker installed. This anticheat should be set so it allows all unknown renderers to connect and play and the web update feature should be enabled. Servers running more current versions will be favoured over servers running outdated versions.
- This package contains the correct
server settings for this ladder's anti-cheat programs.
- Games are played with the following settings:
- Friendly Fire 0%
- Translocator Off
- Powerups Off
- Mutator=Botpack.Instagib DM
- TimeLimit 20
- ScoreLimit 0
- Tournament Mode On
- ForceRespawn Off
- NetServerMaxTickrate: 30. Since Pure tickrates are variable between what they say and the actual packets received - a tickrate of 30 (or linux equivalent) should equal a player getting an average of 30 packets/second incoming( the first column on the f6 readout). Other values can be used only if BOTH clans agree.
5. Demos and screenshots
- Each player must record a 1st-person demo of each map he/she plays in and keep this demo until the match result is accepted in ClanBase.
- Clans are required to upload 1 demo per map whenever requested by the opponent.
- To request demos, ask the player whose demos you want on server, CB pm or on IRC within 24h of the match. If after 3 days the demo still isn't uploaded, make a conflict after talking to the opponent. Never enter a score or accept a match result if you have requested a demo and it isn't uploaded yet.
- Supervisors and AntiCheat-team may decide to request specific demos themselves. This can be done even if no demos or different demos have been requested by the opponent clan.
- There are no valid reasons not to record demos. If you can't demorec for any reason - do not play.
- Failure to upload a complete demo will result in a default loss of the match. Demos missing (broken or not recorded) more than 20% of the time played do not count as uploaded. Demos count as broken when they can't be played on systems following the client settings described in these rules.
- Clans who repeatedly fail to upload demos will be . Players who repeatedly fail to upload demos can be suspended from playing according to .
- Before the start of the map countdown or during dead moments in the game (when the game is paused), the server admin may take a screenshot of all the players using the UTDC screenshot facility.
- The server admin must state clearly that a screenshot is about to be
taken and will ask all the players to press F1 (ShowScores) and keep the
scoreboard visible until the server admin confirms the screenshots have been
taken. This helps to identify whos screenshots they are.
- All of the players must comply and press F1 (ShowScores) when the
server admin makes the announcement.
- The game remains paused (or not started) until the server admin has confirmed the screenshots have been taken.
- The taking of unannounced screenshots is forbidden and can lead to a forfeit loss - if proven by demos.
- Some players will not have screenshots taken due to having a UTDC
incompatible OS. These players will not be penalised.
6. Miscellaneous rules
- Clans directly linked to each other (same website, name match, channel, etc) are not allowed to share the same members if both clans are active in the same ladder. Violating clans will be warned once, then deleted.
Excluded are clanleader and wararranger as they might need to organize both squads.
This rule applies to Unreal Tournament ladders only and overrules any other rules below regarding sharing of lineups.
- Clans often have trouble deciding what map is played first. To solve that problem use the following system:
The lowest ranked clan picks which map should be played first, in the event that both clans are equally ranked then the clan with the worst ping get to pick the first map, in the unlikely event that both ranking and ping is the same then the clan that made the challenge picks the first map.
- Substituting a player is allowed at any point, however if during a map then there should be no pause while the changeover takes place.
- If a player disconnects from the server you are not obliged to pause the game, it may however be considered sportsmanlike to do so.
- Tactical time outs are not allowed.
7. Cheating and abuse
- The applies to all ClanBase ladders. Any cheating or excessive abusive behaviour during a match will result in a forfeit loss. Cheating and/or using suspended players in matches results also in different kind of .
- If both clans cheated and/or used a suspended player in the match, both clans get a forfeit loss.
- Ladders are moderated by four methods: join applications, score changes, suspensions and deletions:
- Join applications are dealt with by the ladder/mod supervisors to stop fake clans, members with fake GUIDs and countries from the wrong region from entering the ladder.
- Matches may be edited to a cancellation, no-show, forfeit loss or a win for the opponent - depending on the ladder rules and severity of the problem. A forfeit loss is the standard punishment for all violations unless the punishment is otherwise stated in the rules.
- Suspensions are used to punish abuse of the ladder system and range from short-term to long-term/permanent suspensions, from one ladder only to all ladders. Suspensions are added by the ladder chiefs and assistants.
- Punishments are summarised in a table, found . Clans that are suspended from a ladder may not form the same clan elsewhere to play that ladder, this includes new clans or altered existing clans. The guidelines for determining if a clan with an active suspension has rejoined with a new clan will not be given out so don't ask for them.
- If a clan is suspended from a ladder the suspension can be viewed by using the clan's matches page. Appeals to the suspension reporter will only be acknowledged if the accusation against the clan can be proven false. Provide all necessary proof immediately on the war summary page. Members may only contact the ladder assistants/chiefs if the reporter is not mentioned.
- Clans or accounts may be deleted without warning as described in the .
- It is strictly forbidden to use accounts of other users, even if the users are in your clan. Such cases will always be considered abuse and subject to temporary bans. This does not apply to players who are forced to share GUID's.
- It is not allowed to take advantage of or abuse bugs. Any kind of bug abuse is considered cheating and will lead to a forfeit loss, unless otherwise mentioned specifically in the game-related rules.
- All programs or files, either changed game files or new files, that change the game or add to its functionality, or which interact with the game in any way, are strictly forbidden unless other rules specify otherwise. Modified versions of the game's resource files are always forbidden, regardless of what they do. The use of any forbidden program or file by any clan member during a match, leads to a forfeit loss, and could lead to a removal and ban from ClanBase in major cases.
- Programs that do not interact with the game in any way are allowed, even if they can be used and operated simultaneously with the game. Voice communication programs are examples of such programs.
- Custom models and skins are not allowed, these include models that have been "tampered" with. Default models and skins as well as those found in Official Bonus Packs are allowed. Only exception is the Xan2 model which is disallowed due to the colour bug.
- Map bugs on the whole shouldn't be used, something is generally considered to be a bug if it does one or more of the following:
- Makes you impossible to see or hit.
- Involves hiding in scenery.
- Involves getting through walls / ceilings / skyboxes / blockers / etc.
- Involves hiding or walking on invisible scenery.
- Is only in one half of a symmetrical map.
- Involves a team-mate helping you get there.
- Behindview in any use or form is forbidden.
- Liftcamping (Jumping on, standing under or at the lift to stop people being able to use it) is forbidden.
- The use of tweaks/temporary console commands (TCCs) is forbidden, with the exception of changing the team and death messages. Examples of tweaks/illegal temporary console commands are: Noshadows TCC, Nosmoke TCC and Silent Mini. The program "Little Tweaker" does not make use of illegal tweaks or TCCs and is therefore allowed.
- Clans abusing the ladder system in any way in order to gain an advantage or just to be a nuisance will be deleted or suspended from ladder(s). Further punishment may include deletion of the accounts of the person responsible for the abuse, in extreme circumstances. Abusing any clear loopholes in the rules is forbidden, Chiefs of Ladders can punish clans/players for abuse not described in these rules.