Ubisoft announced its lineup of games that GamesCom
attendees can play before their official releases by visiting the company’s booth. The company also is holding a press conference on the first day of the show, during which it will unveil new free-to-play titles and detail its growing position in the online games market.
Gamescom Public Booth:
Starting August 16, Gamescom attendees can visit Ubisoft’s booth inside hall 7 to try many of Ubisoft’s upcoming games, including:
· Assassin’s Creed III: the next installment in the acclaimed Assassin’s Creed franchise where gamers will play as Connor, fighting for justice during the American Revolution.
· Assassin’s Creed III Liberation: a full Assassin’s Creed experience exclusive to PS Vita, Liberation introduces Aveline, the first female protagonist fighting for freedom in Louisiana during the American Revolution.
· Far Cry 3: the massive action adventure where players fight to survive an island of insanity.
· Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online: the competitive Free-To-Play FPS taking place in the Tom Clancy’s universe.
· ShootMania: Storm: a fast paced, pure, FPS made for online competition.
By visiting the Ubisoft booth gamers also can try the following games on Nintendo’s Wii U system:
· Rabbids Land: the Wii U exclusive party-game where the wacky Rabbids take control of an amusement park.
· Rayman Legends: the beautiful and unique new social platformer featuring Ubisoft’s limbless hero.
· Sports ConnectionTM: the Wii U exclusive collection of interactive sports.
· Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013: a connected fitness world that helps to set and achieve players’ goals in an engaging and entertaining way.
· ZombiUTM: a fear-fueled zombie Survival Horror First Person Shooter.
Attendees also can watch an extended demo of Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: BlacklistTM, and see games like Just Dance 4, the Hip Hop Dance Experience and The Settlers Online® in the main stage area of Ubisoft’s booth. In addition, the finals of the Op3n ShootMania GamesCom 2012 tournament will take place in the Electronic Sports League booth during the afternoon of August 17, and will be broadcast live from the Ubisoft booth’s main stage. Finally, for those also visiting the Cologne Pop Festival, Ubisoft will have a RocksmithTM bus available where players can hone their skills on Ubisoft’s authentic guitar game. The Rocksmith bus will be based at Hohenzollernring 25, 50678 Köln.
Ubisoft’s press conference will take place at 3 p.m. on August 15th in the Konrad-Adenauer-Saal, Congress-Centrum North. Top Ubisoft executives will unveil new free-to-play titles set in the universes of some of Ubisoft’s popular franchises and detail the company’s plans in e-sports and other growing online game genres.
“The total number of players and the resulting opportunities for our industry continue to multiply as new types of gaming take hold,” said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “After a successful E3, we’re looking forward to bringing a strong lineup to Gamescom so that customers can experience many of our hotly anticipated titles first hand.”
Gamescom, Europe’s largest trade fair and event for interactive games and entertainment, takes place in Cologne, Germany, from August 15-19. For those unable to attend Gamescom in person, a replay of Ubisoft’s press conference will be available on the company’s YouTube channel
. Live updates during the show can be found on Twitter